Cant find what you're looking for? Recent News Items can be found in the News page, while older News items can be found on the Archived News Items page.
Not a member of AADS but want to learn more?
If you'd like to have a look at the AADS publication Diesel Torque on a trial basis before joining AADS, or with the view to advertising in Diesel Torque. Please send us an Email request by clicking here
Diesel Torque advertising rate card. Diesel Torque advertising rate card (Click Here for PDF). If you would like to advertise in Diesel Torque please email us with the details or any questions.
"Being a member of the AADS has given me the opportunity to rub shoulders with peers and representatives from all corners of our industry. The invaluable knowledge and friendships gained have helped our business grow."
John Jamieson, Diesel Care
AADS was founded in the mid 1970s by a group of New South Wales diesel fuel injection specialists. They sat down together after a training school and decided that the industry should have an association to share common problems. It was also their vision that the people in the industry would get to know each other and work together for the benefit of the industry. Some of these individuals remain involved in the Association's activities to this day. The first AADS convention was held in Albury, New South Wales and a convention has been held every year since.
Membership of AADS is divided into various categories. The three main categories being
- Service Member (engaged in repair of diesel fuel injection, turbo-chargers or allied ancillary equipment)
- Manufacturer, Marketing and Distribution Member (involved with the manufacture, distribution or sales of diesel fuel injection, turbocharger or engine parts) and
- Affiliate Member (working in the industry or who has an interest in the diesel vehicle industry).
More information about membership categories can be found here. All members are required to abide by the Code of Conduct.
The management of AADS is the responsibility of a Committee consisting of the President, the Vice-President, Treasurer, Public Officer and another five members, with a maximum of ten members. Each Branch elects a management committee consisting of a Chairman, Vice-Chairman and a Secretary/Treasurer to facilitate a meeting place and activities in the branch.
The objects of AADS are:-
- To provide a meeting place where persons connected with any facet of the diesel industry throughout Australasia can discuss problems and matters of common interest, exchange experiences and technical knowledge and where new equipment, developments and technical advances can be presented and explained.
- To establish standards so that all members engaged in the precision overhaul of diesel fuel injection equipment, turbochargers and/or allied ancillary equipment operate with premises, personnel and test equipment of a standard that will ensure that all components serviced by them can be set in accord with the relevant manufacturer's specifications.
- To establish the association as the accreditation body for any persons engaged in the industry.
- To encourage members to employ the highest standards of workmanship and/or trade ethics for the benefit of the industry and the protection of its customers.
- To improve the image of the industry by encouraging co-operation and courtesy between all sectors of the membership especially those members engaged in the fields of parts supply, servicing and repairs. To stimulate further research and development of procedures, training, equipment and materials and to distribute the results to all association members.
- To collate technical data which may be of benefit to members and to whom such technical data may be conveyed by means of bulletins and/or other publications or media.
- To affiliate and/or liaise with similar organisations both locally and internationally
AADS welcomes applications for membership from all members of the diesel community. Please download an application for membership form here.
Calling all "Young Guns".
If you are under 40 and work in a member company we want to hear from you! Please send your name (or Young Gun employee's name) along with your member company name and any other details you'd like to share with us (such as years in the industry, qualifications, or anything else industry related) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Diesel Torque Advertising Rate Card
Diesel Torque advertising rate card (Click Here for PDF). If you would like to advertise in Diesel Torque please email us with the details or any questions.
Site Mailing List
Register with this site to receive email notifications, updates and new site information. Enter your email address and press the submit button.